Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter Time fun

Page done by Tammy

Here is my A CHILD'S YEAR layout for this week. This was another cart that I really didn't want, but now that I have it I'm glad I do. LOL go figure. I really had fun putting this one together on my Gypsy because I knew I wanted to put my niece on it. I design alot of my LO's while on school bus trips (lots of free time while waiting) using the G then, as most of you know by now, I still love my DS (but would love an upgrade for this software) for tweaking and cutting it out. I am just very fond of my DS and I love the size of my LT screen. MY Gypsy is a great size for taking with me, I just put it in my purse and carry it around with me. This works really well for me. I Design most of my LOs while I'm sitting at these after school activities and this helps pass my time. I love them both and would be lost without either one.


For this LO I used everything on A CHILD'S YR cart Except for the Eggs (I used a small oval hand punch)and the hidden Tag on page two(I just cut a small rectangle and used a corner punch ). The font is included on the cart. I love it when a font is on the shape carts. I used the dotted Swiss card stock for my base and the patterned paper is from the spring glitter stack( I think last yrs) and I used AC card stock for the shadowing and some coordination's for the wording. I used just plain Black smooth CS for the silhouettes.

PAGE 1

I used the card cutout that is on the this cart to use it for my picture frames. I shadowed it using DS. I also welded the wording in DS, again I just like the Size of my Lt screen to see it better. A note on the grass cuts, I used the grass cut on this cart but I cut off the flowers. I also welded enough grass pieces together to fit my 12" page.

PAGE 2

I used two different frames on this page. I shadowed both with DS.

Page 2 close up

Here is a close up of the filled up basket.

Page 2 close up

Here is a close up of how I journaled this LO. I just put adhesive on a certain part of the frame so I could slide this journal tag in behind the pic. Its not completely hidden so one will know its there. I still need to do the actual journaling, but will do that before I place the page in my album.




That will conclude this weeks LO's, we still have more to come next week so ck back with us then. NEXT week Debbie and I will be featuring the WALK IN MY GARDEN cartridge. I will be posting on Wednesday and Debbie on Friday. We so much appreciate all of you that are following us and visiting our blog and would love to get feedback on how we are doing. What things would you like to see on our blog??? We both are quite busy at current time but when things slow down we hope to bring more to our blog.







1 comment: